Department of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science was established in the year 1988, which was affiliated to the University of Madras to craft highly qualified science graduates to our society. The PG Programme M.Sc(Computer Science) was added in the year 1997. To meet the growing demands, BCA was also introduced as an inter-disciplinary course in the year 1999. The department was recognized as a research centre in the year 2008 by Periyar University for M.Phil programme.
The department is supported by a team of 35 qualified and highly experienced faculty with various emerging specializations which includes 10 approved M.Phil research supervisors.
The research articles of our faculty have been regularly published in various peer reviewed national and international journals. The department is educating the students in the dimensions of subject proficiency, human ethics, citizen responsibilities and social behavior.
The pride of the department lies in the strength of 1000 plus students. Our students bring laurels to the department by securing university ranks regularly. Every year our final year students has been placed in various reputed IT industries like TCS, Infosys, WIPRO..Etc.
The association of the department named “CSNET.COM” organizes effective seminars, guest lectures and various intra-departmental and national symposiums like EXPO and VIBE in a regular interval for exploring the hidden technical and non-technical skills of the students’ community. The association also gives importance to enrich the national integrity by celebrating all the national and traditional festivals.
Students of our department are active members of NSS through which they are qualifying themselves to be a real citizen of our country. Most of our students have participated in various state, university level sports events and succeeded various prizes.
- To develop the students in the ever-changing needs of the IT industry by providing them with up-to-date curriculum and excellent infrastructure. To produce competent software professionals, academicians and researchers through quality education
- To achieve academic excellence in science through objective and innovative teaching methods; dedicated and duty conscious faculty; continual and consistent updation of facilities; welfare and quality improvement of the faculty and a system of continual process improvement.
Objectives of the Department
- To promote research and quality education in the field of Computer Science
- To provide a rich intellectual environment for collaborative research among faculty and students
- To develop educational collaborations with larger community, including industry, nearby colleges and universities of higher learning